Terry Belcoe served as the President and CEO of North Coast Credit Union from 2001 to 2016. Terry was deeply involved with many nonprofit organizations. He had a unique talent for helping organizations come to a consensus on issues that were most important to our community. He joyfully served our community and many local organizations. Terry lived by the "do it now" motto, which resulted in tangible benefits to the people of Skagit County. His action-oriented, boundary crossing, and solution-focused community work inspired the Skagit Change-Maker Award.
In Terry's memory, United Way of Skagit County, Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County (EDASC), Community Action of Skagit County, North Coast Credit Union, and the Skagit Population Health Trust have established this annual award from a community member exemplifying "Change-Maker" traits.
Nominations are being sought for a person who demonstrates the following characteristics:
• Excels in her or his professional work or area of service
• Makes significant contributions to the Skagit community, above and beyond her or his work
• Mentors current and future community leaders
• Proactively tackles important work on behalf of the Skagit Community
• Inspires others to action
• Promotes Collective Impact, working across organizational and other boundaries
• Puts service above self
Nominations will be accepted until 5 pm, March 31, 2019. The honoree will be recognized on May 2nd, 2019 at the inaugural Population Health Trust Advisory Committee "State of Skagit's Health" symposium.